Monday, July 16, 2012
Public Meeting: Select Sessions Available via Teleconference
July 24-25, 2012
*REGISTRATION CLOSES JULY 18*
During the upcoming public meeting of the National Environmental Justice Advisory Council (NEJAC) on July 24 and 25, 2012, the following three sessions will be available via audio teleconference to those unable to attend in person:
Teleconference Session 1 (Tuesday, July 24, 1:15-3:45 p.m. Eastern Time)
* EJ in Permitting: Public Engagement Best Practices (1:15-2:00 p.m.)
* EJ/Children's Health Key Performance Indicators Initiative (2:00-2:15 p.m.)
* Nail Salon Worker Health Exposures (2:15-2:45 p.m.)
* Hydraulic Fracturing (2:45-3:45 p.m.)
Teleconference Session 2 (Wednesday, July 25, 9:15-10:15 a.m. Eastern Time)
* ORD 101: An Overview of EPA’s Research Programs
Teleconference Session 3 (Wednesday, July 25, 1:00-2:00 p.m. Eastern Time)
* EPA Tribal Program: An Overview
Separate phone lines will be used for each session, so please be specific about which sessions you want to attend when registering. There will be not be a public comment period during these sessions.
Please note that a limited number of lines will be available. Those who are pre-registered will be given priority over others on a first-come basis, as capacity allows. Participating individuals will be able to hear “real time” presentations and NEJAC member discussions on the topics specified above. The teleconference will be audio only, in an effort to minimize cost.
You can register as follows:
* By E-mail with “Register for the NEJAC-July Teleconference” in the subject line. Please provide your name, organization, city, state, e-mail address, and telephone number for future follow-up; and specify the teleconference session number(s) that you will attend. That is, if you intend to call in for all three teleconference sessions, you must state that. Separate lists will be kept for each teleconference session (1, 2, and 3).
* By Phone or Fax to 877-773-0779 with your name, organization, city, state, e mail address, and telephone number. Please specify “NEJAC-July Teleconference“ and the teleconference session number(s) that you will attend in your fax or voice message.
For more information, please contact or 877-773-0779.
Friday, July 6, 2012
Interagency Working Group on Environmental Justice Announces a Town Hall Meeting in Durham, North Carolina
These meetings provide an opportunity for stakeholders to discuss best practices and model programs to create more healthy and vibrant communities. Stakeholders include grassroots communities; federal, state, tribal, and local government agencies; business/industry; academics and other interested parties. These regional meetings also provide an opportunity to explore how the federal government can meet its responsibilities and work effectively with communities experiencing environmental justice issues.
Doors open at 6:00 pm.
This events are open to the public.