Select Sessions Available via Teleconference
September 11-12, 2013, Atlanta, Georgia
Registration closes 12 p.m. ET September 5.
During the upcoming National Environmental Justice Advisory Council (NEJAC) Public Meeting on September 11-12, 2013, four sessions will be available via audio teleconference to those unable to attend in person:
Session 1: September 11, 2013, Morning (9:30 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. ET)
- Remarks from the EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy (9:30 a.m. -10:00 a.m.)
- Dialogue with the Acting EPA Region 4 Administrator Stan Meiburg (10:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.)
- Panel Discussion: Considering Environmental Justice in TSCA (10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.)
- Updates about Plan EJ 2014 (1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.)
- Progress Report: EJ and Enforcement (2:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.)
- PM2.5 NAAQS Implementation Regulatory Development Discussion (2:30 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.)
- Dialogue with the EPA's Office of Environmental Justice Director; Matthew Tejada (3:15 p.m. - 3:45 p.m.)
- Panel Discussion: Climate Adaptation (9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.)
- Next Steps for Addressing EJ in Permitting (10:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.)
- Key Performance Indicator (KPI) for Advancing Community-Based Work at the EPA (11:00 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.)
- Recognizing 20 Years of the NEJAC (1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.)
- Update: NEJAC Work Group on Community Resiliency in Environmental Justice Industrial Waterfront Communities (2:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.)
- Update: NEJAC Indigenous Peoples Work Group (2:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.)
- Update: NEJAC Research Work Group (3:00 p.m. - 3:45 p.m.)
Please note that a limited number of lines will be available. Those who are pre-registered will be given priority over others on a first-come basis, as capacity allows. Participating individuals will be able to hear real time presentations and the NEJAC member discussions on the topics specified above. The teleconference will be audio only, in an effort to minimize cost.
You can register as follows:
- By Email to with "Register for the NEJAC-September Teleconference" in the subject line. Please provide your name, organization, city, state, email address, and telephone number for future follow-up. Please indicate which session number you will attend. Separate pre-registration lists will be kept for each teleconference session.
- By Phone or Fax to 877-773-1489 with your name, organization, city, state, email address, and telephone number. Please specify "NEJAC-September Teleconference" and the teleconference session number(s) that you will attend in your fax or voice message.
Members of the public who wish to attend any of the sessions must pre-register by noon Eastern Time on Thursday, September 5, 2013.
Information about Services for Individuals with Disabilities:
For information about access or services for individuals with disabilities, please contact Ms. Estela Rosas, APEX Direct, Inc., at 877-773-1489 or via email.
More information about the September NEJAC meeting: