6th Annual State of Environmental Justice in America Call for Papers, Posters, and Presentations
EJ Conference, Inc. invites you to submit papers, posters, and presentations for the upcoming 6th Annual State of Environmental Justice in America Conference, April 3-5, 2012. The Conference has identified the following list of research topics for the Call. Abstracts should offer innovative, theoretical and practical solutions to improve EJ planning, implementation and problem solving for communities, governments, the private sector and others.
The selected abstracts will be used to develop papers, plenary sessions, poster presentations, and panel sessions for the 6thst annual training meeting. Selected abstracts will also have the opportunity to submit manuscripts by July 1, 2012 that will be published as proceedings in a supplement to the Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved. The list of research areas include, but is not limited to:
• Title VI Compliance
• Environmental justice impacts of transportation on public health
• Diversity in STEM education, training and employment
• Equitable considerations in developing and implementing a clean energy policy
• Community-scale green energy solutions
• Diversity in Federal energy, environmental and economic initiatives
• Historically Black Colleges and Other Minority Serving Institutions Participation in
• Environmental Justice activities
• Tribal participation in energy production and environmental protection
• Impact of going green on EJ populations including Black farmers
• Diversity in alternative and renewable energy production
• Environmental justice activities in Federal, state and local governments
• Measuring community attributes
• Impact of going green on EJ populations
• Diversity in environmentalism
• Implications of funding different transportation modes for use by EJ communities
• Confronting Health Disparities
• EJ gap analysis benefits vs. burdens
• Participation of EJ communities in the decision-making process
• Diversity in Federal pipeline preparation
• Smart growth, equity and inclusion
• Climate change and sustainability
Please submit your abstract of 500 words or less to C4Papers@ejconference.net no later than February 15, 2012. Notice of acceptance will be sent on or before February 23, 2012.
Commitment to present must be received on or before March 1, 2012. Complete abstracts are due on or before March 20, 2012.
Presenters will be required to cover all of their expenses to participate in the conference. A limited amount of financial assistance may be available to assist with conference expenses.
Requests for financial assistance should be directed to F-A@ejconference.net no later than February 15, 2012.
Questions and requests for additional information should be directed to:
F-A@ejconference.net no later than February 15, 2012. Questions and requests for additional information should be directed to: JR@ejconference.net or call John Rosenthall, Conference Coordinator, on 202-508-3894 or 703-624-2257.